Thursday 5 October 2017

Archbishop should have seen GQ's question coming!

My former vicar has written another fantastic piece on the CofE (Church of England) and in particular how the dilly-dallying of the ABC (Archbishop of Canterbury) is disingenious, discouraging and damaging. His take home point is that he (and we) need to be ready for the obvious media question (on homosexuality) and be prepared to tell a better story! Here is how the article begins:

Dear Archbishop Justin,
You and I met once – though I appreciate you probably won't recall the event. It was the consecration of the Bishop of Lewes at Westminster Abbey, and we shook hands. I looked you straight in the eyes and said, 'I pray for you ever such a lot.' And you were, I think, pleasantly startled, and laughed and said something like: 'I definitely need it.'
Of course you will not remember. But I still pray for you. And indeed just yesterday your name came up on my PrayerMate phone app and so I did mention you in my prayers. But I must admit I did so feeling heart-broken.
Read the rest of it here

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kip, as providence would have it I bumped into your blog as a result of going through the internet black hole! From the UFM website I gather that you are church planting in Nairobi. That is excellent news! I would really like to visit your church plant someday as I am also a Reformed Christian within Nairobi. My email is tlseke254@gmail.com.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete